Monday, June 30, 2014

From Mairwen: All About Me and AMTC

     Hi, I'm Mairwen. I'm almost 11 and I just finished 5th grade. In my class there was a group of us that wrote and put on plays for our grade. That's when I realized that acting was not only to entertain an audience, but also for the actor to have fun and do something that they like to do.
     Here are some pretty flowers, just because:
      I first heard about AMTC on the radio when we were coming home from church and I thought that it would be cool to be in. Later that day my mom came to me and told me that if I wanted a chance to audition for AMTC that they were having one in Richmond that we could go. I told my mom that I did want to go so after school, (the audition was on a Monday) we drove down to Richmond for the audition.
     The day after the audition we got a callback saying that AMTC wanted me to come back because they liked my acting and thought that I should compete in a competition-like event called SHINE. SHINE is held in Orlando, FL and every year by AMTC; once in the summer, once in the winter. I am going to winter SHINE this December. The VIP's there judge you acting, singing, modeling, or stand up comedy. Many participants come home from SHINE with job offers or agents. That's what AMTC helps to prepares me for.
     I'm excited to be going to SHINE because I think God will help me to use my talent of acting to entertain other people and lead them to follow Him.

(Photo credit: Hans Braxmeier, isn't it pretty??)

No comments:

Post a Comment